Credit card fraud is a crime that involves illegally using someone’s credit card or obtaining someone’s credit card information. There are a number of ways in which credit or debit card fraud may be carried out, including:
- Physical theft of someone’s debit card or credit card.
- Defrauding someone of their debit or credit card information.
- Stealing credit card information by way of computer hacking or another internet crime.
- Using one’s own expired or revoked credit card to make purchases for which the offender knows he or she lacks the funds to pay for.
- Selling goods to someone, when the seller knows the credit or debit card is stolen or is not authorized for use by that customer.
As with most ‘white collar’ crimes, credit card fraud is a complex legal issue. Experienced legal representation can benefit an accused person in many ways, especially if the fraud defense lawyer is involved early on in the process. In addition to representing the accused in court, the right attorney may be able to negotiate lesser charges, or perhaps even prevent criminal charges from ever being filed. If you know or believe that you are being investigated for credit card fraud, protect your rights with skilled legal representation by contacting attorney James Bendell.
James has three decades of trial experience, including years working as a prosecutor, judge pro tem and Court Commissioner. If you are charged with the crime of embezzlement, he will aggressively represent your interests to protect your liberty.
If you’re in need of a criminal defense lawyer in North Idaho because you’ve been accused of credit card fraud, call James Bendell today at 208-665-4600 or send a quick response email for a free consultation on your case.